Welcome to A Life WIth Mental Illness

This is a record of living with mental illness and its effects on all aspects of my life.

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Meds

I'm in a new phase with my meds, some of which I've taken for nearly 18 years. I'm trying to reduce my anti-anxiety and anti-psychotic meds while increasing my anti-depressant. I've been doing this for 3 weeks and so far I haven't had any bad episodes. Yes, I've heard voices and felt overwhelming anxiety, but I had these symptoms when I took the higher doses. I don't like to name the meds I'm on because I don't want others to think what I take and do with my meds is something they should or can try. My experience is that meds are completely individual with no predictability of how we respond. That's all I have for today. I just wanted to share that I'm experimenting with my meds - with my doctor's okay and oversight.